Pick the right consultant
Consultants can save a lot of time and money but it is important to choose the right one. AMAP has worked with many consultants and has the following advice. When you select a sustainability consultant ask yourself the following questions:
- Do they have experiences from more than one sector?
- Have they inspired/trained or also developed practical strategy/procedures that is in use?
- Are they using credible references, e.g. international standards for definitions, or are they offering a home made soup?
- Are they using the words sustainability/sustainable and then reducing to only environment or climate?
- Do they have international experiences/references that can future-proof your work?
- Do they have access to a small or large network?
- Do they have the ambition to build your capacity or to tie you up in subscriptions?
- Are they modern and help you see your long-term sustainability license-to-operate or do they only focus on short term CSR and profit?
- Do they have a flexible ability inspire, catalyze and challenge you and your co-workers?
- Do they have real experiences from standards and tools (e.g. GRI, ISO, UN GC)
We want to be the kind of consultant we recommend, and believe we are through having a very large network, national and international experiences, our pragmatic approach, and our competitive prices.